Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fabulous at Fifty

Today, I am feeling very sentimental because it's my Mom's special day.  The "super glue" that holds us all together is turning "The Fabulous Fifty," and I wanted her to know how much she is appreciated and loved.  My mom is extremely important to me and I consider her a great friend, as well as the woman who raised me as a single parent.  I thank GOD for her daily and without her guidance and tough love, I would not be the woman I am today.  Yes, I am a certified "Momma's Girl" and yes, she's still to this day spoils me rotten, but I cannot deny that she is my continuous source of inspiration.  We have a birthday soiree planned today in her honor and yummy dishes, scrumptious desserts, signature Martinis, Vino and Red Stripes (her favorite) will be flowing all day to celebrate her special day, Savvy Soiree style!
Super Mom



Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.
You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.
You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.
I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!
 
By Joanna Fuchs  

No comments:

Post a Comment