Friday, June 11, 2010

The Smell of Gratitude

I received this wonderful gift from a former client who I had the pleasure of planning her 40th birthday brunch last month. When I opened the delicately wrapped box, the smell of coconut and mango captivated my senses and I immediately placed the diffuser in my home office.  I've acquired several decorative diffusers over the years and each has its own distinctive smell.  As I sit and compose this blog, Illume's tropical fusion of mango and coconut milk constantly reminds me that my client appreciated my services and remembered that I love to pamper my senses with sweet fragrances throughout my home, car and office.

As you know, reed oil diffusers are a great alternative to room sprays and I refer to them as "flameless air fresheners."  They are easy and inexpensive to make and I've given out my signature diffusers as hostess and housewarming gifts to my close friends.  If you are interested in creating your very own signature diffuser, I've listed the details below.

The Details:
• 1 small decorative jar or bottle {purchased from craft store or consignment shop}
• Reed sticks or bamboo skewers {I've found that the reed sticks work a bit better}
• Carrier oil, such as sweet almond oil
• Signature fragrance oil, which I purchase from my dear friend Vikki Brown
• Signature ribbon for that final embellished touch {optional}

• Blend the scent oil and carrier oil together. For every 1ml of our bottle, blend with 10ml of the carrier oil.  For a stronger scent, pour 6ml instead. Swirl the blend together in the bottle and let it sit for an hour. If you're using bamboo skewers, cut off both ends and make sure half of the stick appears above the bottle.

• Have 10-15 sticks in the bottle and let it sit for a few hours for the scent to climb up. For decoration, you can tie the sticks with a ribbon.  Add more scent oils to make the blend stronger or add more carrier oil to make the blend weaker.  Flip the sticks every 3 days and replace the sticks every 3 to 4 weeks.   See, that was very easy, right?

Happy Friday & have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment